Dr. Vandana Soni worked as a Consultant in the Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery Center at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi prior to joining Max Healthcare as a Senior Consultant Surgeon. She has keen interest in teaching and training and is a part of the teaching faculty of the "Basic Medical Writing Course". She has co-authored a textbook on 'Endohernia Repair'. She helped in the creation of a set of 15 educational CD-ROMs in ‘Minimal Access Surgery- Basic & Advanced Procedures' released by His Excellency Shri K R Narayanan, the President of India on July 15, 2002. Dr Soni was actively involved in compiling, streamlining and editing scientific content of the manual titled 'Minimal Access Surgery-Guidelines & Recommendations' endorsed by Ministry of Health, Medical Council of India, National Board of Examinations, Indian Medical Association and Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-surgeons.
- Course Co-ordinator / Teaching Faculty - Training courses in Minimal access surgery, Hernia surgery, Minimally-invasive anal fistula treatment (MAFT) and bariatric surgery.
- Accredited faculty, National Board of Examinations for post-doctoral fellowship in Minimal access surgery.
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical education, New Delhi.
- Training co-ordinator - Basic & advanced training course in Minimal access surgery
Memberships And Affiliations
- Life member of Society of endoscopic & laparoscopic surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Life member of Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Life Member of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Life Member of Hernia Society of India (H.S.I.)
- Life member of Indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons (IAGES).
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Sri Raja Laxmi Ramachandran Trophy for exemplary devotion to duty in 1993-94
- Best paper award titled “Endoneck Surgery”, Fourth Congress of IAGES 2000, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai.
Education and Training
|MBBS||1990||University College of Medical Sciences & Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital, New Delhi. A 1000 bedded multispeciality hospital.|
|M.S.(Gen.Surg)||1995||Lady Hardinge Medical College & Allied Hospital, New Delhi. One of the oldest and most prestigious institutions of our country.|