Dr Manish Baijal worked as a Consultant in the Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery Center at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, prior to joining Max Healthcare as a Senior Consultant Surgeon. Dr Baijal has a specialization in Bariatric surgery from the Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA. Has been part of the core surgical team at Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery since its inception 1996. He has co-authored a text book on 'Endohernia Repair'.Dr.Baijal was instrumental in the creation of a set of 15 educational CD-ROMs in 'Minimal Access Surgery – Basic & Advanced Procedures’ that were released by His Excellency Shri K R Narayanan, the President of India on July 15, 2002.He played an active role in compiling, streamlining and editing scientific content of the manual titled ‘Minimal Access Surgery – Guidelines & Recommendations’ endorsed by Ministry of Health, Medical Council of India, National Board of Examinations, Indian Medical Association and Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-surgeons. He has been Teaching Faculty for NBE (DNB) & EIES.
Current Academic Positions
- Teaching Faculty, Professional Affairs & Clinical Education (PACE).
- Teaching Faculty, Centre of Excellence (COE)
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical education, New Delhi.
- Training co-ordinator - Basic & Advanced training course in Minimal access surgery
Memberships and Affiliations
- Treasurer, Hernia Society of India (National Chpater of APHS).
- Executive Member of Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI).
- Life member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Life member of Society of endoscopic & laparoscopic surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Life member of Indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons (IAGES).
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Life member of Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Life member of Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG).
- Life member of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Accredited faculty, National Board of Examinations for post-doctoral fellowship in Minimal access surgery.
Education and Training
|MBBS||Kasturba Gandhi Medical College, Manipal|
|DNB (Gen Surg)||Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi|
|MNAMS||National Board of Examination, New Delhi|
|FIAGES||Fellowship of Indian Association of Gastroinstestinal Endosurgeons|
|FALS||Fellowship in Advance Laparoscopic Surgery|
|Specialization in Bariatric Surgery||Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA|